Taking on the World, One Barrel Tasting at a time
If you had asked me a little over two years ago if I would be involved in the bourbon industry, I probably would have laughed. I knew nothing of the topic and didn’t drink the spirit.
Learning this industry has taught me a lot of things, and this blog is meant to bring those things I learn to you. You won’t find reviews here, only stories about the great people who make up the bourbon industry. And maybe a little about the spirits itself.
Tasting barrels everyday leads to lots of bottling.
My notes will include interviews with friends and family, recent releases, current happenings, and much more!
Ever dream about what you could do if you didn't have to worry about failing?We have all failed at one thing or another, some more serious topics than others. However, have you ever taken the time to stop and think about what you would do if you could not fail? I'm...read more
Check out their page on Overpriced Bourbon visits Bourbon 30 Spirits We all start our love affair with bourbon for different reasons. For Travis, it all started with the birth of a child. Travis’ first child was born eight years ago and he was given a shot of...read more
Meet- aversaryHelloBehind The ScenesHi, I’m miss Tricia Many of you I have met. And some of you I have not. I am not sure HOW I haven't met you, but I hope to one day! But whether I have met you or not, I would like to celebrate with you this week. This week...read more
J. Mattingly 1845 Latest Gift Shop Releases
1. Wheated Wonderlands - small batch wheated bourbon
- 18 bottles
- 119 proof
- NOTES: Wonderful, delightful and pleasureable. A palate wonderland.
2. Rosa Laevigata - small batch bourbon
- 5 bottles
- 114 proof
- NOTES: Sweet, beautiful and elegant. ENJOY!
3. Sweet Melody - small batch whiskey
- 15 bottles
- 129 proof
- NOTES: Sweet harmony, jazz, blues and tobacco.
4. Christmas Blend - 100 proof Bourbon 30
- 46 bottles
- 100 proof
- NOTES: Ginger bread houses , Christmas trees, and stockings filled with gifts. The Bourbon 30 Christmas blend captures all the elements of Christmas. This bourbon has hints of evergreen pine and chocolate notes that fills you with the Christmas Spirit, and you can't help but gather around the fire place with loved ones and enjoy the bourbon!
5. Honor Flight Kentucky 11.11.11
- 211 bottles
- 123 proof
- NOTES: This Limited Edition bottle has been authenticated by Lexmark Ventures using CryptoAnchor, a multidimensional security system contained in the shield on the bottle cap. Use your phone to scan and verify bottle numbers! This Limited Edition bottle named "11.11.11" for the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month for Armistice Day. Taking preorders now! The bottle will be released on 11.11 at 11 a.m.
Oh the stories of a craft distillery.
I love storytelling. Especially storytelling in pictures. Here, you will get a story of distillery life in photos, as there is never a shortage of moments or friendships at Bourbon 30.
Latest Bourbon 30 News
We have released our NEW Bourbon 30 labels! We will no longer produce the 80-proof single barrel bourbon whiskey, but will have the 90-proof and 100-proof bourbon whiskey.
We hope you enjoy the new labels and our newest batches!
Our future releases include private, in-house reserves, as well as picks made by guests just like yourselves. Below is a list of picks ready, but not yet released.